How You Can Help
Are you a jewelry professional? Do you own a retail store? Are you a bench jeweler? A jewelry designer? Do you run a jewelry training program? Do you manage a production shop? If you are a member of the jewelry industry, you know the importance of attracting new talent to the industry as bench jewelers.
Here are some specific things you can do to contribute to the BEaJEWELER Initiative:
- Talk about careers in jewelry making with anyone you know that may be interested in and capable of becoming a bench jeweler.
- Refer potential jewelers to the BEaJEWELER website.
- Use the hashtag #BEaJEWELER in social media posts whenever you talk about the joys and challenges of being a jeweler. Having fun with that? Here's are two more hashtags: #MakeSomething and #GetYourHandsDirty.
- Offer to do a career day demonstration at your local high school, technical school, or even grade school and middle school. Coming Soon: Career-Day Demonstration Programs from BEaJEWELER, all laid out for you, including tools and materials you'll need and how to make a fast, compelling, fun demonstration come alive for your audience.
- Become a BEaJEWELER Mentor
- Share photos of your bench and workshop environment to help us with our social media outreach (all photos we use will be credited to you, and submission of photos serves as permission to use them in BEaJEWELER promotion). Click here to upload.
- Share reminiscences, reflections, and observations about your life as a jeweler (all quotes we use will be credited to you, and submission of photos serves as permission to use them in BEaJEWELER promotion).
More things will be coming, but this is a pretty good start.
Please join us in recruiting and motivating young people and career-transitioning people to consider a career in jewelry making. Together we can keep the jewelry industry vibrant, productive, and local.